A definite favourite with Thuraya phones will be the newest Thuraya XT. Although it doesn’t have more functions, and isn’t lighter or smaller than Thuraya’s previous satellite phones (the SO-2510 and SG-2520), it’s much more rugged which is an important feature for many sat phone users.
Satellite Phone FAQ provides in depth reviews of satellite phone equipment and providers. Read additional information on various satellite phone networks:
Other Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I use a satellite phone indoors?
- How much does a satellite phone cost?
- Which Iridium satellite phone should I choose?
- Will the old Globalstar handhelds work with the new Globalstar satellite network?
- What is a dual mode satellite phone?
See a complete list of questions on the FAQ page.