This obviously depends how much you plan on using the phone and what you’ll be using it for. For users needing a satellite phone for a short period (i.e. a couple of weeks), rental will be the best option, due to high costs of equipment. Frequent users will benefit most from buying a satellite phone (this is also true of users who need a satellite phone for emergency purposes).
You’ll find in depth reviews of sat phone equipment and providers on the Satellite Phone FAQ website. Find out more about various satellite phone networks:
Other Frequently Asked Questions
- Do satellite phones have global coverage?
- What are satellite phones for?
- What is the difference betweend Iridium and Inmarsat satellite phones?
- If I buy a Globalstar phone, will I be able to make phone calls?
- What is the best satellite phone for Australia?
See a complete list of questions on the FAQ page.