Normally satellite phones will not work indoors and this is also true of cars. To use a satellite phone inside a vehicle you will need a special enabler and an antenna fixed on the exterior of the car (for most satellite phones magnetic car antennas are available).
Satellite Phone FAQ provides detailed reviews of satellite phone equipment and services. Read more about various satellite phone providers:
Other Frequently Asked Questions
- How much does a satellite phone cost?
- Can I use a satellite phone indoors?
- What is a dual mode satellite phone?
- Will the old Globalstar handhelds work with the new Globalstar satellite network?
- Which Iridium satellite phone should I choose?
Check the complete list of questions on the FAQ page.