Satellite phones normally do not work indoors, as they need to have clear access to the sky when in use. Most satellite phones can be enabled for indoor usage when combined with a docking station and an external antenna.
You can find detailed reviews of sat phone providers and equipment on the Satellite Phone FAQ website. Learn more about different satellite phone providers:
Other Frequently Asked Questions
- Which Iridium satellite phone should I choose?
- What are satellite phones for?
- Will the old Globalstar handhelds work with the new Globalstar satellite network?
- What is a dual mode satellite phone?
- Do satellite phones have global coverage?
See a full list of questions on the FAQ page.