Globalstar has been experiencing problems with its satellite constellation since 2007. Since the quality of Globalstar voice connections suffered severely (with connections suffering from often call drops), many users switched do different providers (largely to Iridium). This has resulted in significant price drops both for Globalstar equipment and call costs.
Globalstar is preparing a new satellite constellation that is planned to replace the old one in 2012.
Satellite Phone FAQ provides in depth reviews of satellite phone equipment and providers. Read additional information on various satellite phone networks:
More Frequently Asked Questions
- What are satellite phones for?
- Do satellite phones have global coverage?
- What is the difference betweend Iridium and Inmarsat satellite phones?
- What is the best satellite phone for Australia?
- If I buy a Globalstar phone, will I be able to make phone calls?
Check the complete list of questions on the FAQ page.