Fully global satellite phone coverage is currently offered by Iridium. Near global coverage is offered by Inmarsat with its I4 network used by the IsatPhone Pro satellite phones. Due to the design of the network, Inmarsat’s satellites don’t cover polar regions.
You can find detailed reviews of sat phone equipment and services on the Satellite Phone FAQ website. Read additional information on different satellite phone providers:
Other Frequently Asked Questions
- What are satellite phones for?
- Do satellite phones have global coverage?
- What is a dual mode satellite phone?
- Will the old Globalstar handhelds work with the new Globalstar satellite network?
- Which Iridium satellite phone should I choose?
Browse through a complete list of questions on the FAQ page.