Globalstar has launched the first set of 8 new satellites in October 2010. Several groups of satellites are planned to be launched throughout 2011. Together with the spare satellites that were launched in 2007 these will form Globalstar’s second generation satellite network. The new network is expected to be fully functional in 2012.
Satellite Phone FAQ provides in depth reviews of satellite phone equipment and providers. Read additional information on various satellite phone networks:
More Frequently Asked Questions
- What are satellite phones for?
- Do satellite phones have global coverage?
- What is the difference betweend Iridium and Inmarsat satellite phones?
- What is the best satellite phone for Australia?
- If I buy a Globalstar phone, will I be able to make phone calls?
Browse through a complete list of questions on the FAQ page.