Yes, phone calls are still possible through the Globalstar network, but users should be aware of frequently dropped calls and the inability to make calls at certain time slots in the day. Globalstar has provided tools for calculating call windows and to assist in finding the optimal time to make a phone call.
Read more about Globalstar connectivity problems.
Satellite Phone FAQ publishes in depth reviews of sat phone accessories and providers. Find out more about various satellite phone networks:
More Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the difference between a cell phone and a satellite phone?
- Why are satellite phones so big?
- Can I use a satellite phone inside a car?
- Which satellite phone networks offer global coverage?
- When will the new Globalstar satellite phone network be active?
See a full list of questions on the FAQ page.