Calls from satellite phones are made very similarily to calls from standard mobile phones. The main difference with satellite phones is that prior to the connection you should make sure your phone has access to clear sky and the satellite signal is strong enough.
Check this instructional video for a step by step instruction on how to make a call using an Iridium 9555 satellite phone.
You can find in depth reviews of sat phone providers and accessories on the Satellite Phone FAQ website. Find out more about different satellite phone providers:
More Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the difference between a cell phone and a satellite phone?
- Why are satellite phones so big?
- Can I use a satellite phone inside a car?
- Which satellite phone networks offer global coverage?
- When will the new Globalstar satellite phone network be active?
See a complete list of questions on the FAQ page.